Did you get a speeding ticket? If so, then we’ve got the perfect blog post for you! We’re going to be discussing six simple steps that will help fight your speeding ticket successfully. Read on and learn how to avoid those costly fines and points on your license by Mitchell S. Sexner & Associates.
1) The first step is to review the ticket and any other information you may have about it. This includes your license plate number, date of the citation, the location where cited, the speed limit at the time of the violation, etc.
2) The second step is to gather evidence to support or defend yourself against this speeding charge. You want as much readily available information as possible such as:
- Speed recordings from similar times on different days (obtained by using a stopwatch when you drive past these locations).
- Pictures posted online with people driving above the speed limit around the same area during those hours of day/night.
- Any articles proving higher traffic volume due, for example, school zones near your home address than usual because they are close enough for increased penalties.
- Excuses such as your car had mechanical issues.
3) Step number three is to do your research. You need to know the laws in regards to speeding tickets and how they apply to you. Each state has different guidelines for what will happen if a person gets points on their driving record or ticket fines based on the speed limit that was violated.
4) Step number four is to find the right traffic violation attorney for your case. Most attorneys will have a list of charges they specialize in, and you should be able to tell which ones are going to work best with your needs by reading their information.
5) Step number five is to gather your evidence, and in some cases, this may include going through the steps of hiring an attorney.
6) Step Number Six is to make sure you get a not guilty verdict!
With these six simple steps followed closely, there’s no way that speeding tickets can’t be avoided successfully. Happy driving, everyone!Read More